Sunday, April 01, 2007

A friend and I were talking about mountain biking equipment yesterday. She had been out riding with some experienced people who felt the need to tell her that her bike is totally wrong for her - she needs a new this, new that. One of the things they suggested she replace is her seat, and - get this - they told her she should go to her local bike store and get measured on an ASSOMETER. That's right - the Assometer. And they don't pretty the word up, either, like some people do when they say "harass" or "uranus." Nope - it's pronounced just like you would expect it to be. It's used to measure the distance between your sit bones so that you have the proper fit with a seat. I'd love to show you a picture of it, but while I've found a lot of articles on line regarding the Assometer, I can't find any photos.

Here's an Easter article for you. In New York, a planned art exhibit for holy week centered around a anatomically correct 6 foot tall sculpture of Christ made of 200 lbs. of chocolate. He stands upright, arms spread as if nailed to the cross, and unlike traditional sculptures of Christ, there is no loin cloth. The hotel that houses the art gallery, finally bowed to pressure from enraged Catholics and Christians and canceled the show. I know there's a joke in here somewhere, but I'm sure you can come up with one on your own.

The song of the day is "Runaway" by Bon Jovi off their 1984 self-titled debut album. There's a ton of Bon Jovi songs I could have picked, but I always felt this first release from the band was often overlooked. I've never been a Bon Jovi fan, per se, though I've enjoyed enough of their music over the years. Slippery When Wet was great, but this is the band in a much hungrier mode. On a side note, I worked on a show with Jon Bon Jovi several years ago. It was weird to see him in the hallways downstairs after having grown up seeing him on MTV. It was even weirder to notice he had a tiny body and a giant head. Every time I saw him, I wanted to hold up a lighter and yell, "Dude, you give love a bad name! Whoo!"

4 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I always wondered if JBJ's body was out of proportion. Sometimes it's really noticable.

The chocolate jesus looks both creepy and delicious at the same time.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I was looking at bikes yesterday too . . . except the one I want is a 3 speed with a big cruiser seat, and an aloha floral paint job . . . I desperately want it for cruising the beach

Does the chocolate Jesus come in a choice of fillings?

I read somewhere a long time ago, that it is Merv Griffin's theory that most celebs have the lollipop syndrome like JBJ b/c it photographs well . . .

12:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You know who else has that big head syndrome really bad? David Cassidy.

Knowing that there is something truly called an assometer totally makes my day. Thanks, Edit!

I had no idea that JBJ was on that show. I did see him on Sex and the City.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I want to lick Jesus all over. Is that so wrong?

KJC (who used to date a Jon-Bon clone back in high school)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home