Friday, March 30, 2007

A friend sent me this video yesterday. It is both brilliant and a little sick. I had to watch it several times because I thought it was so unbelievably awesome. I hope you all enjoy it, but beware...you may never be able to think of Kermit in the same way again.



I got the script for my last show of the season a few days ago, and I'm terrified. First off, because it's the end of the season, it's a huge script with a ton of production. I also know the director and he's going to print an endless amount of footage. But secondly, it has the trifecta of things you hope NOT to have in your episode: a senior citizen, a child, and a pet.

The song of the day is "Sea of Love" by The Honeydrippers off their 1984 release The Honeydrippers, Volume I. This is the band comprised of former Led Zeppelin greats Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, along with Brian Setzer, Jeff Beck, Nile Rogers and others. This album includes 5 covers of old big band/swing songs, and is the only release from this band. I remember this song as a big departure from the Zeppelin sound for Plant and Page, and quite enjoyable. It's nice to hear what else performers can do when they get to record what they want to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

What, you got something against old people? :-)

KJC (who really wants to know why the fuck there are so many songs about rainbows. I mean, who really gives a shit what's on the other side?)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Yeah, so there's something new you can do with puppets.

When I was making my run through Tower Records (RIP) before they closed down, I picked up The Honeydrippers CD. Have always wanted to see a Volume II, but to no avail. I'm also waiting for a History of the World Part II, now that I think about it.

2:19 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Why such a big production? Because it's the season finale/2 parter?

Also explain the "trifecta" thing, are all those elements hard to control?

3:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Edit, Dave Navarro has this video up at his site, too.
(www.6767.com/)

Three cheers for The Honeydrippers!

11:17 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

nb - it's not a two parter, but as a rule, the production gets bigger at the end of the season. And yes, those three elements are hard to control.

la - I'm so cool. I'm on the same page as Dave Navarro!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home