Tuesday, April 03, 2007

OK...I had a really odd dream last night. Maybe this is all due to the fact that I can be known to watch too much TV. Dreams are all pretty disjointed, so it's always hard to explain who I was or what role I was playing, or if, in fact, I was just an onlooker, but here's the basic gist. I'm involved in some sort of illegal activity. I don't know what, I just know that two cops bust in the door (I attribute this to The Shield). Someone I'm with accidentally shoots one of the cops and kills them. In the melee, we escape carrying the body, with the idea that if we can dispose of it before we get caught, we can't be charged for murder (no body - no crime). Suddenly, we're in a mall. No one seems to notice we're running through carrying the body of a dead, uniformed police officer. We run to the food court, which is deserted because it isn't open yet. We realize a big fryer would be the perfect place to dispose of the body. For no apparent reason, the body we were carrying is now chopped up into a large amount of meat in a bucket, which we shove into the red hot fryer just in the nick of time. The oddest thing is that I recall that when someone discovers where the body is and they pull the meat out of the fryer, it appears to be breaded. Am I the only one who has really vivid, odd dreams?

The song for the day is "Edge Of A Broken Heart" by Vixen off their self-titled 1988 debut album. I had totally forgotten about this band until I inexplicably came across this 45 in my collection a couple of weeks ago. For those of you who have also forgotten, Vixen was an all girl band sort of equivalent to your typical hair band rockers. Like my earlier comments about Lita Ford, the song was OK, but I couldn't get into the slutty image (probably because I wasn't a 14 year old guy when it came out). I was surprised to see in their Wikipedia listing that they have a "current" lineup. I wonder where on earth they're touring. I was just as surprised to see they have a Best Of album, considering they were basically a one hit wonder.

11 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Wow that dream is a tad creepy - did you have McNuggets yesterday for lunch?

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm....breaded! Hilarious. I have crazy vivid dreams too. Right before I woke up this morning I was dreaming that Sawyer (from LOST) and I were trying to spell the word M-O-N-S-T-E-R. My two world collide.
Jeff dreams about malls a lot, too. It's a theme. We should compile a book of "Mall dreams."

8:52 AM  
Blogger NB said...

Either you have been watching too much TV or shopping at the mall too much You seem to be very familiar with the dreaded "bread coated" meatlike substances from the foodcourt!
Too many cop shows or maybe just your own?

9:21 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

nb - Quite the contrary, I almost never go to the mall anymore, and when I do, I never eat at the food court.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Breaded police officer...yummy! Did you enjoy it with a nice chianti?

I have really weird dreams all the time, but lately they've gotten more personal -- embarassingly so. A few years ago I usd to be able to enjoy having really wild, sometimes sexual dreams about actors, rock stars etc. because I didn't know any of them, and never thought I'd ever meet any of them, so what did it matter? Now, years later, I'm still having dreams about these people -- but they're friends of mine, dinner companions, movie dates. What really screws with my head is going to the movies with an actor friend to see a movie he's in, and then going home (alone) and having a weird (i.e. flying in a space ship together battling aliens who look like Sylvester Stallone), sick (i.e. editthis's dream) or sexual dream about them -- and then waking up in the morning to a cheerful phone call from them asking if I had a good sleep. Do I lie or do I tell them that they look hot in a silver spandex space suit?

KJC

11:14 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Don't worry, Alan Shore will get you off.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I've noticed that it's mainly women that have the weird dreams, whereas men have straight-forward dreams. You know, like sport-related, lead guitarist in a band on stage in from of thousands, banging your best friend's wife. Wait! Is that just me?

KJC - wanna go to dinner?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

If you're buying, sure!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I'm always buying...

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vivid - odd dreams? All the time, I sometimes wake up thinking this dream would make a great cult horror movie lol
I still dream about my old school.
hmmm

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home