Saturday, May 19, 2007

Just a quick blog for my 200th post. I figured out (I think) how to get some photos off my card, though not the ones I already transferred to my iPod. Here's some stuff from the last couple of days.

This is Bondi Beach (pronounced bon-die) where I'm wandering around today. Beautiful beach and lots of surfers. Tons of tourists out today since it's a beautiful Sunday afternoon.


This is the Sydney Opera House. I took this on my way back to the Circular Quay from the Blue Mountains via ferry last night.


Here are two Kangaroos I saw in the Blue Mountains National Park. They are so cute! They're sort of like deer here, just all over in the wild. When they bound, it's very graceful.


This is the three sisters rock formation in the Blue Mountains. There's a long aboriginal story that goes along with it. I'll give you the annotated. Some guys from a neighboring tribe were trying to marry girls from this tribe, but inter tribe relationships was a big no-no. There was going to be a battle over them. To protect them, the chief turned his three daughters to stone, then went off to battle. Sadly, he died in the battle and was never able to return to make them human again.

I know it's not much but I can't figure out on this computer how to make the photos smaller for the web and it's taking forever to upload them. Enjoy. Will try to get some up of Melbourne where I'm headed tomorrow.

I went to a market in the Rocks this morning that is a lot like Saturday Market in Portland. Bought lots of souvenirs, but nothing for myself (typical). Am finishing up today at Bondi and fly out tomorrow morning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics!

Nikki sounds like a great tour guide. How cool that you have gotren to see so many unique sights!

I hope the rain lets up for you tomorrow.

-DP

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://garyellen.smugmug.com/gallery/2874642#154305571
Hey,
Like the blog. Looks and sounds like you're having fun.
I just wanted to give you a Wally update. Although he misses you, he's doing fine (I hope you can follow the link to the pics). He and Stryder are becoming best friends. We may have to arrange sleep-overs even after you get back.
Take care,
Gary
GrantMeSerenity@juno.com

1:35 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Great photos - both of Australia, and of Wally and Strider!

BTW - I have no idea how you would upload photos from your camera to your iPod, so you are doing much better than I could do . . . .

7:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, I'm so glad you got some pictures posted. I adore those kangaroos.

I'm off to see that cute Wally now and his new bud.

12:51 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Looks like you were able to get pretty close to the kangaroos. Very cool.

Your photos are lovely! Glad to hear you're having a great vacation!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home