Wednesday, May 09, 2007

In honor of Wally Wednesday, here he is with his new friend, Bear.


When I left work around 2pm yesterday to go work at home, the first thing I noticed (other than the stifling heat – hello summer!) was the huge cloud of smoke in the air. I initially thought it was closer to the hills above West Hollywood, but once I got on the 110, I realized it looked more like Griffith Park. As it turns out, I was right. A blaze that seems to have been started by arson seems to have been lit around 1:20pm, and by dusk, the flames were only 1/4 contained. The park and the zoo there were evacuated of people, but the zoo animals were left behind with a skeleton crew of animal care staff and vets. I hope all the animals are OK. (Other than the obvious fact that they are caged up in a zoo).

On a higher note, Paris Hilton is going to jail for 45 days, it seems. I really don’t know anything about her except what I hear on the radio, but that doesn’t keep me from hating her and everything she stands for. I’m happy to see that someone is finally standing up and making sure one of these horribly behaved rich kids is accountable for their actions, instead of letting daddy talk their (or pay) their way out of it. As Bean said this morning on KROQ, I also hope she gets cut while in jail.

The song of the day is “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by The Scorpions off their 1984 album Love At First Sting. I never really collected any Scorpions albums, but I loved all their singles, and this was a great rock anthem. It was also one of the very first songs I taught myself how to play on the guitar. I didn’t realize until I looked them up that the German band has quite a history that stretches all the way back to the 60s. For good hard rock from the 80s, you can’t beat The Scorps.

10 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Paris going to jail is very hot.

Arson is not hot.

Bear is totally hot. Is he yours or just a visitor?

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

It's about time Paris got a cold, hard dose of reality. That chick is so in her own selfish little world. No talent, no higher education and no discernible skills. What a waste of a life.

My friends in the L.A. area have been emailing me pics of the fires. Just awful! I hope the zoo animals will be OK.

Bear is so cute. Did you adopt another?

KJC

9:33 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Bear is adorable!!!! As is Wally, of course. Have to say I agree with everything in today's post. Yesterday I signed a petition to NOT pardon Paris

9:40 AM  
Blogger --AA-- said...

re: the fire.

I work in downtown and am quite far from the hills where the fire was. But during the afternoon I could see bright orange flames. It I could see them from here, they must have been huge.

re: paris.

Yes she is lucky to have been born into the right family, and she is smart enough to parlay it into a "career". But the collective hatred for Paris, I think, is really anger at the rich "ruling" class getting all the breaks. I personally don't hope anyone gets cut in prison ;)

9:54 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Mishy and Kelly - No, sadly, Bear is not mine. He belongs to a co-worker. I would so love to get another lab, but not until I get a bigger house.

10:39 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Bear and Wally = cute overload!

I am sick that our fire season is starting so early this year. I sincerely hope that no lives are lost, human or otherwise. After I finished working, I went outside and saw the sky and knew there was a fire somewhere.

Word on Paris. And I seriously heart Bean. I also miss Tater Tot Fridays.

12:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. Good call on the Scorps. Still Loving You was my favorite of their songs.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Looks Wally has a Mini-Me...

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyes burned all afternoon from that smoke.
I wonder what the park looks like now. Is it totally totally scorched?

Paris (and her family) appealed to Ah-nold to have her sentence pardoned because "she is a role model to young women and an escape to many ordinary people and their ordinary lives." Well, probably not a direct quote, but close.
Here's my quote: "Hey Paris, if you're so interested in being a role model to young women, how about taking some responsibility for your actions and doing the time instead of blaming your publicist and whoever else who told you that no one would catch you driving on a suspended licence and then trying to get out of your punishment by using your mommy and daddy's big, rich influence. Cowgirl Up, Bitch!!

Love,
kathryn

11:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Seriously, folks. If Joe Schmoe was caught driving 4 times on a suspended license, his ass would have been in the clink a long time ago

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home