Sunday, May 13, 2007

This is my official last blog entry before I leave the country. My plane doesn't leave until this evening, which leaves me (hopefully) plenty of time to finish the myriad of things that need to be done, including packing and having that little talk with Wally.

I'm going to try to hit some internet cafes while I'm out of the country and will try to blog as often as I can. I don't know how it works with public computers and trying to get photos off my camera, but I guess we'll see. I leave at 9:30 tonight, and will arrive in Sydney at 8am on Tuesday. I will completely miss May 14. It's a bit of time travel, I suppose, or at least as far as time zones are concerned. Hopefully, the 14th is not the day I was supposed to win the lottery.

A heads up - my last episode of the season, in which the Stanley Cup guest stars, will air on Tuesday the 15th.

The song of the day is "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer off his 1985 album Riptide. I'm sure you all remember the video - Palmer singing in shirt and tie against a backdrop of seemingly identical unsmiling models "playing" guitars and basses. Oh, so very 80s.

Just for fun, here's a funny video someone sent me last night:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Was the message Robert Palmer trying to convey is that women are drones? Just kidding...

You may be missing May 14, but when you come back, you get to experience that day twice. Cool!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME!! WE WILL MISS YOU! We will keep Wally company.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation. You're going to love it there.

1:22 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - My dad visited Australia somewhere between 25 and 30 times (I lost count). He had two birthdays one year because of crossing the dateline.

Looking forward to your updates.

Robert Palmer rules. I saw him eons ago at the Wiltern and went out the next day and bought every single one of his albums.

Cheers,
LA

4:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Have a wonderful trip! I truly look forward to your blog updates and to seeing photos when you can post them. And I will definitely check out the episode on the 15th . . .

5:41 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Safe travels! I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Have a wonderful time down under. Hope to hear som egreat stories from your trip upon your return.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home