Tuesday, June 26, 2007

After spending another frigid night in my editing bay, I decided it was time to go buy a space heater. A lot of people at work have them, but as all the bays are just as cold, no one is sharing. After going to three places this morning, I've realized that finding a space heater in Los Angeles in the summertime is not going to be an easy task. I think I may have to order one online.

I finished watching The Guardian today. It was much better than I expected, and gives a lot of insight into the life of Coast Guard swimmers. The movie was easily made more enjoyable by the fact that I got to look at both Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher for 2 hours. In wet clothing. If you're like me in that I knew absolutely nothing about the Coast Guard before I watched this movie, you'll probably find it enjoyable. In fact, I actually feel better knowing they're out there on the water in case I'm ever in a sea accident.

I read this article this morning about how Germany has prohibited shooting of a new Tom Cruise movie there because of his ties to Scientology. All I have to say to that is ha-freaking-ha. Eventually Cruise will spout his mouth off one too many times about his "religion" and Hollywood will no longer want him because of the cost to their movie. Remember when his last movie was coming out and instead of promoting the movie, he was promoting his love for Katie Holmes and Scientology? And now the film he's working on can't use a key location. According to the article, "Germany has long contended the Church of Scientology is not a religion but an exploitative, profit-based business concern." Hmm...maybe the Germans have something there.

Here's a composited panoramic shot I took of the Blue Mountains in New South Wales last month. I don't usually try to take panoramics, where you have to stitch several photos together, but this one came out pretty well.


To continue on in the Canadian vein, the song of the day is "Cuts Like a Knife" by Bryan Adams off his 1983 album of the same name. Aah...early MTV. I remember this as a summer song, sitting around the tv room watching MTV for hours and hours while school was out. I still cringe when I see this one and see the girl dive into the empty swimming pool.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

So glad to hear that Tom Cruise is finally getting in trouble with spouting off about his brainwashing cult. What a tool!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Photo came out awesome
Germany has a point . . .
I used to date a Coast Guardsman - don't be fooled by the movie

5:32 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Yeah, the pano came out real nice. The color is sweet.

I have to laugh about the space heater. The weather here requires every known appliance known to man, including a sense of humor.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I think I see The Shire!

8:39 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Love the panorama, that's great.

Wow, classic MTV! I can picture the entire video...I remember endless hours upon hours watching videos. I was afraid I would miss one of my favorites (like the Rainbow, "Stone Cold" one you shared a while back :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Beautiful panoramic shot.

Cruise is finally getting his just desserts. Scientology is a cult!

I've always been a big fan of Bryan Adams's work, including his sappy movie soundtrack ballads.

KJC

7:36 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That's a great photo!

Tom Cruise has really done a number on his career. He's up there with Britney. I just don't think that either one of them can recover.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home