Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the "news" today, "Paris Hilton vows to prove jail has changed her." Does this mean she'll stop being a spoiled rich whore who thinks that the rules of society don't apply to her? I'm anxious to see exactly how she changes in the future. Her jail time, which amounted to only three weeks, explained why she was temporarily released to house arrest: "I was basically in the fetal position, basically in hysterics ... and having severe anxiety and panic attacks." Um...yeah, I think that would pretty much happen to any person put into jail. In fact, I believe that might actually be the POINT of jail - the idea being that you might want to actually learn a lesson because you wouldn't want to return there. Unfortunately, at the time of her release, she had not been cut as I had hoped she would have been.

I watched the DVD for a movie called "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints" this afternoon. The movie is an autobiographical tale based on the memoir of punk musician and author Dito Montiel. The film tells the story of Montiel's youth in Astoria, NY in the 1980s, where he watches his friends lives spiral into the abyss. The film, produced by Sting, stars Robert Downey Jr. as Montiel and Shia Le Beouf as his younger self. Those of you familiar with Le Beouf as the prankster from Disney TVs "Even Stevens" will be surprised and pleased to see him all grown up. This film gives us insight into the actor he will likely become as he gets older, and it reminds us why Robert Downey is so good. The movie is reminiscent of "Basketball Diaries" (without the heroin) and "Garden State" (without the jokes). The film also features Dianne Wiest and Chaz Palminteri as Montiel's parents.

Here's a photo of Wally from the dog park today, where he kept mounting another yellow Labrador for no apparent reason. (He never does that!) Not quite sure why the photo is so small and grainy. I'll have to take a better photo for next week...


The song of the day is "Baby Come Back" by Player off their 1977 self-titled debut album. The group, originally a garage band in Los Angeles, went all the way to #1 on the charts with this poppy hit. I went to see Little River Band in concert in the early 90s and Peter Beckett, guitarist and vocalist of Player, was touring with them as part of the band. He performed this song, which I had forgotten about until I heard it that night. Player bassist Ronn Moss quit the band to pursue his acting career which landed him way up there on The Bold & The Beautiful.

9 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Paris? I really think she's peaked. Her release received little coverage. (Well, less than she hoped.)

And there aren't many dumb things left she can do. Hopefully it's all over.

8:49 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I love that Us Weekly is taking a week off from Paris due to "Paris Fatigue."

I took my brother's choco lab to the dog park on Monday for the first time (my first time, not hers). It's a nice park (Redondo) with a faucet which she likes you to turn on so she can stick her head under it and let the water pour all over her face. She also jumped in someone's pool recently. I think she's ready for the beach!

10:03 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - We should get Wally and your brother's lab together and take them to Huntington Dog Beach. Maybe Diane can join us with Nanners.

10:07 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've had "Paris Fatigue" for years now.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I watched Paris's exclusive interview on Larry King last night. She's still a spoiled, vapid, unrepentant whore with absolutely no clue what it means to be an honest, real and tuned-in member of society.

I would never trade her life for mine. I may have suffered some pretty serious hard knocks in life but it's those struggles and obsticles that have made me the compassionate, sensible and socially responsible woman I am today.

KJC

9:20 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I applaud US, though it won't last.

Humping is just a dominance thing - for whatever reason, Wally wanted to try to be in charge of the other dog. Or that is what my ex-army dog trainer told me when I hired him after I adopted Hanna, the wild child (he's also one of the guys in charge of the Redondo dog park, and on the LAPD)

Let me know if you kids head to the beach!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Paris? Are people still talking about that slutty tramp? I'm certainly over all the hype.

I read in the paper last week that they have installed parking meters at the HB Dog Park that take credit cards and debit cards. I guess it's a good idea, because sometimes we forget to load our pockets up with quarters.

There were jokes in Garden State?

10:51 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit and Diane - I'd totally be up for a doggy play date. I know Ruby would love it! There's also a dog beach in Belmont Shore.

kings fan said... There were jokes in Garden State?

I was thinking the same thing.

12:18 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA and Kings Fan - Come on, you didn't think the idea of getting rich off silent velcro was funny? I didn't mean jokes as in slapstick.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home