Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yesterday I blogged about the release of Apple's new iPhone and the reasons why I won't buy one right now. I'd like to mention that last night, after writing the post, I was in Old Town Pasadena where the nearest Apple Store is located. After having dinner, I decided to mosey on over there to see what the fuss was about. After all, I had never seen an iPhone up close and personal. There was a huge crowd surrounding the display area where you can get hands on with the phone, so I couldn't get closer than about 10 feet. But I will say that after looking at it from afar for about 10 seconds I turned to the person I was with and said, "I have to get out of here or I'll buy one!" and bolted for the door. Damn you, Apple!

The song of the day is "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger off their 1982 freshman release Dawn Patrol. The first single from the band, it received heavy airplay on early MTV (who was, at the time, desperate for videos to play). If you only know the band from their rock ballads such as "Sister Christian," I recommend you check out this earlier work.

4 Comments:

Blogger --AA-- said...

re: you and iphone

hahahahahahhahaha aaahhhh hhahahahahahahaha ha ha ha

"I'll never buy one" indeed.....

7:15 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Oh, I'll buy one. But when they're hafl the price, with twice the features.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - put down the phone and walk away . . .

that is a catchy tune!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I actually have that CD and because you mentioned it, I might have to break it out and give it another listening to.

You are such a sucker...

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home