Monday, July 02, 2007

One of the guys at work got an iPhone when they came out Friday night, so my first half hour of the day was spent softly caressing it in envy. It is one cool little gadget. I don't think the guy got too much work done today, because every time I walked by his bay, there were two or three people in there also playing with it. I think you all could probably start placing your bets now on how long I'll be able to hold off on buying one.

This work week is lasting forever. At least the 4th is this week and we get Wednesday off. Oh, wait...I already get Wednesday off, so I still have to work a 5 day week. Classic.

I didn't sleep well last night, and in fact, have not been sleeping well for about a week. I keep waking up for no reason early in the morning and then can't get back to sleep. I keep waking sometime between 4:30-5:30am, wide awake. I long for the jet lagged nights of a few weeks ago when my biggest complaint was that I was sleeping too much. I think it's all caught up with me, though. I'm planning on a 9 o'clock bedtime tonight.

The song of the day is not from the 80s, but it's been on my mind lately. It's "Girlfriend" by Matthew Sweet off his 1991 album of the same name. I think a friend turned me on to this record and I fell instantly in love with Sweet's indie guitar driven pop. I was at Tower Records in Portland one day after classes and saw a notice that he would be in the store later that day signing CDs. I rushed home to tell my friend and we headed back over to the store, CDs in tow. The poor guy, pretty unknown in the mainstream, was there all by himself, not a single person in line. He was in town to play at a place called Oaks Park, and if you're from Portland, you know that's not exactly the place to be seen playing if you want to be taken seriously. Matthew was a good guy, signed our CDs and talked to us for awhile. We told him good luck playing to the roller skaters at the park.

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

edit - put down the iphone and walk away . . . I go thru phases where I wake up about 3 - 4 am, and can't fall asleep for an hour or two . . . sux

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come over and play with Sofie @ 5:30 so I can get another hour of sleep. PLEASE!!!

I give you until next Tuesday for that iphone.

9:34 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Re the iPhone, I'll take a week from Wednesday, since it's one of your days off.

So did you at least go to Matthew's gig?

11:12 PM  
Blogger NB said...

edit..you are STILL going through jet lag, believe it or not. Since you were gone so long your body's timeclock is all screwed up. Give it probably another week and yes hit the sack early a couple of nights and you should get back on track.

Re the Iphone: BE Strong!! wait for the next model. They are already having issues with the first one. You don't want this one to turn into a repeat of the one you have, right?

5:38 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Lay off the phone for a while and then just sit back and listen to all the complaints people are having with the phone. Sure, it's a great invention, but be patient.

I happened to see that Matthew Sweet video a while back and remembered how much I liked that song. I broke out the CD recently and listened to it, too.

Remember the other day you talked about the U2 video on your Song of the Day? Well, I was watching 120 Minutes on VH1 Classic the other night and they showed it. They also showed the video for Rescue Me by The Alarm. Funny how we had just talked about that band earlier that morning, too.

Yeah, get some rest... you're probably going to need it. Sounds like you're working long hours again.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Yeah, I'm with la on this one. You'll be getting your new iPhone next Wednesday.

I, on the other hand, have to wait at least 2 more months because I live in God/Apple-forsaken Canada!

KJC

8:58 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Saturday July 7th will be your iPhone breaking day. True story.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home