Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thanks to everyone for placing your bets on how long I can hold out for the iPhone. It's sort of like having people form a pool about when you're going to start smoking crack again.

Today is my Friday so I'm happy for the weekend to be here. No plans for the Fourth as of yet. I'm already tired enough to go to bed, but I have a 10:30pm game tonight. Sigh. What we do for the love of hockey. I'd write more but I didn't realize it's getting late and I need to get ready to go. Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July tomorrow.

The song of the day is "Put It There" by Paul McCartney off his 1989 album Flowers In The Dirt. I've always been a huge Beatles fan, and in my younger days, I was a "Paul" person (although I'm certainly more "John" now). Paul put out some decent stuff that I liked in the early 80s, but this song really moved me when I heard it. If you don't remember this song from its meager release, I recommend checking it out on iTunes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Man - hockey game at 10:30? I was just nodding off . . .

I would go listen to that song, but that would go against my deep seeded belief that John good, Paul bad . . .


Happy 4th! Do the fireworks bother the big guy?

6:56 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I'm not familiar with that McCartney song or album. Other than Paul's albums recorded with the Wings, I didn't care much of his solo post-Beatles work. The only exception being Flaming Pie (1997-ish).

Have a great Fourth. If you get a chance, check out my blog. I posted a picture that I found on a webwite that reminded me of your Wally and Diane's Hanna.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song. He wrote is about his father who had died just prior. Flowers in the Dirt is one of my favorite McCartney albums. He toured to support it and of course I went- I have seen him since too. Just incredilbe. Me being me though I don't have a fav fab. We saw the Love show in Vegas last summer- three days after the opening. It celebrated its first year and is incredible. I reccommend going to see it. It is worth the trip to Vegas. You can google Beatles love and it shows clips. I cried- yeah yeah yeah you know me.-Jen

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home