Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Even though I hate anything that remotely looks like reality TV, I was curious to watch the show The Two Coreys with Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. While I loathe reality television, I do love me some 80s, and I thought it would be interesting to watch these two has-beens sinking to this low of agreeing to do this show. (In fact, Feldman is the executive producer, so I'm sure it was his idea in the first place). The show revolves around the two Coreys as Haim has come to visit Feldman and stay for a few weeks with he and his wife. Haim is a slob, not working, can't seem (for whatever reason) to get laid, and a smoker and meat eater. The Feldman's have a stable relationship, apparently that Corey is doing work of SOME kind (I can't imagine what), he's a clean freak, both he and his wife are vegetarians and involved with PETA. As for the wife, as far as I can tell, she's a whiny little bitch who complains about everything Haim does. It's both embarrassing and entertaining to watch as Haim continues to push as many buttons as he can to see where the limits are. I'm ashamed to say I will tune in again. Also, according to the web site for the show, there is a Lost Boys 2 in the works which both Coreys will return to, along with Keifer Sutherland's half brother, Angus. All I have to say is...wow. Really, wow. I can honestly say I can not wait to see it.

Our championship game is tomorrow night. I don't want to say we're the underdogs, but the other team is pretty good. They play well together and have some 18-year-old Junior Kings playing with them. I'm expecting our Captain, James, to give this speech in the locker room:



The song of the day is "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics off their 1983 album Touch. Who knew when "Sweet Dreams" hit the charts that this duo would have such a long and successful career? This is another of their hits that I really liked. Considering the hollow poppiness of so much music from that decade, the Eurythmics had a much more mature sound and a deeper, more angst ridden tone. It's no surprise that they outlasted so many of their contemporaries. I still love Lennox's voice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No, this is the speech I plan on using -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

Terrible movie, great speech.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I love the soundtrack to the Lost Boys, and the only way I'd watch the sequel is if they could cast a young Billy Wirth and a young Jason Patric again

10:03 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hope you win the championship!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies from that decade. Aside from having a crush on both of them growing up (who am i kidding.. the entire vampire cast) I enjoyed the music especially "People are strange..."

"Here Comes The Rain" always reminds me on home. Driving around in the rain on the wet streets of Vancouver/Portland.. Hey wait, didn't we do that together? LOL

Hope you win your game, wish i could be there.

Rob

2:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I have several connections to The Lost Boys, one of my all-time favourite movies.

Kiefer and I shared some quality time together when he was here in Ottawa doing a play with his mom back in the late '90s, and we talked a lot about what went on behind-the-scenes during the production of LB. Haim and Feldman were little terrors on the set. Not bad, just your typical mischievous teenage boys.

I've been watching The Coreys, and I kinda feel bad about the whole embarrassing situation. I realize the show is contrived, but there are elements of authenticity here, and Haim really is struggling to find himself. He's looking for work and I'm trying to help him out. He is a fellow Canadian, after all, and is a pretty damn good actor. I'm hoping I can find a place for him on The Black Tower.

I also established a friendship with Gerard McMann, who wrote and performed ‘Cry Little Sister’ for The Lost Boys movie. I emailed him one day last year and told him how much I loved that song, and how I would often listen to it while writing my Lost Boys fan-fic story. I told him about the TV series I had in development and he very kindly said I could use 'Cry Little Sister' on The Black Tower anytime I want – but I have to pay him for the rights, of course.

Good luck in the Championship game, Tiff!!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAybe you should try something like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c

Good luck with the game Tiff.
I loved the lost boys. My nephews remind me all the time of me renting it for them when they were 5 and 7! Such a great auntie I was.

jen

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home