Monday, August 13, 2007

I finally got the chance to sit down and watch Hot Fuzz today and it was great! The film was done by the same guys who did Shaun of the Dead, which is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Hot Fuzz stars much of the same cast. Nicholas Angel is a London police officer who is so good (his arrest record is 400% times higher than anyone else's) that his department conspires to have him moved to a sleepy suburban village. Once there, Angel pairs up with witless partner Danny Butterman and the two ultimately stumble on a streak of grisly "accidents." Angel, ever the policeman, must find his way to the bottom of it. If you enjoy British comedies, or just funny movies in general, I highly recommend this one.

The song of the day is "Someone" by The Rembrandts off their 1990 self-titled debut album. The Rembrandts are a great band who, unfortunately, are most well known for writing and recording the theme song for Friends. I'd been into them for several years by the time that happened, so it's disappointing that's what they've come to be known for. Most of their music isn't quite so poppy, and "Someone" is a great example of that. I wish I could have found it on YouTube, but alas, it isn't there. Check out iTunes. It really is a great song.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

That movie is right up my alley! Hey, when you finish Harry Potter, stop by and read today's post and comments and let us know what you think! but don't read the comments until then . . .

8:23 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Hot Fuzz had me cracking up in the theatre.

Butterman: Have you ever fired two guns whilst jumping through the air?
Angel: No.
Butterman: Have you ever fired one gun whilst jumping through the air?
Angel: No.
Butterman: Ever been in a high-speed pursuit?
Angel: Yes, I have.
Butterman: Have you ever fired a gun whilst in a high speed pursuit?
Angel: No!
_____________________

Ah, I feel like buying that DVD.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home