Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yawn! I'm tired. I have an 11:15 game tonight, so I took a nap in the middle of the day, which I almost never do. Now, I feel like I've been run over by a small truck. Hopefully the effect will wear off by the time I hit the ice.

Rob and I went into Old Town today. He's been working on improving his wardrobe (oddly, he's a gay man with no style) and wanted to buy some cool, L.A. clothes so we hit the Diesel and Lucky Jeans stores. Our mutual friend, Reid (gay man WITH style) has been showing him which clothes do and do not work well on him, and he has several rules in his clothing now. Such as, he is not allowed to go out without a t-shirt underneath whatever he's wearing. This has been a challenge for Rob during his visit with the 90 degree temperatures. Another rule - no shirts without collars. And finally, nothing baggy. I have to admit, I never thought Rob dressed bad, I just didn't think he wore nice clothes. He always bought stuff at JC Penney and Old Navy (he is now outlawed from Old Navy per Reid). I must say, he does look much better now. From seeing this, I have a great idea for a television show. It's about a gay guy who dresses up people with no style. Oh, wait...

Also, Wally has been super itchy this season and his allergy pills have not been alleviating it, so I took him to the vet so they could give him a shot. As it turns out, he also has a bit of an infection on his skin. A visit with the vet, a shot, two new prescriptions and a case of food later, we were able to exit after paying the $250 fee. Sigh.

Don't ask me how Rob has gotten this stuck in my head, but the song of the day is "Love in an Elevator" by Aerosmith off their 1989 album Pump. I really do not like modern Aerosmith (which I consider any of their music post about 1982), but even though I dislike them, I often find their songs running through my head. I guess that means they can still write a hook. I admit, like the Rolling Stones, I enjoy Aerosmith more when I can only hear and not see them dancing around on stage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

We will demand an update in a month on how Rob's new wardrobe has improved his life . . .

I think Aerosmith's early comeback stuff was still pretty catchy - then they got all schmaltzy

I've seen Aerosmith twice - once in '78 and again about '89 - I've always found Joe Perry to be kinda sexy

And hell - I plan to be asleep or in bed reading Potter at 11:15

8:43 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm going to bed in a minute, and you're 45 minutes away from playing hockey.

I'm with Rob... no one should have to wear a t-shirt under their shirt in this heat.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hockey game rocked and TIFFANY SCORED A ROCKIN' GOAL!! I don't know much about hockey but it looked awsome.. I am so proud of her :-)

I am sure Tiffany will keep you in the loop on my new look ;-)

Thanks for having me Tiff, I had a great time with you and Wally dog!

Now quick, get me back to cloud cover and rain before I fry to a crisp :-)

rob

1:52 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

As someone who wears a t-shirt under his shirt, I find that it really helps cool me off. It sounds strange, but someone told me that a long time ago, and I'm rarely seen without one. Plus, if you do sweat, the t-shirt absorbs it and not the shirt.

Oh, yeah, I have zero fashion sense.

Good job on the goal. Hopefully you guys won and got closer to the playoffs.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home