Thursday, August 23, 2007

We lost our championship game last night. It was a very tight game and I would say our teams were very well matched. We were up by one goal with less than 6 minutes remaining in regulation when they scored to tie it up on a power play. The game went into overtime, and they scored the golden goal. I'm not going to say it doesn't totally suck to have not won the championship, but at least we got to go to the game, which is saying a lot for a team who had never played together before three months ago. We still finished the season in first, and they can't take that away from us. You can see the game breakdown here. Here are some photos of the game, courtesy of Kings Fan and my point and shoot camera. If you see someone in red wearing #11 or a red helmet, that would be me.


The song of the day is "Lonesome Loser" (sigh) by the Little River Band off their 1979 album Under the Wire. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for this 70s soft rock Australian band, and this song is no exception. And today, it seems a little fitting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Awwww, sorry to hear that, Tiff. :-(

1:55 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Congratulations on a terrific season. Sorry about last night, but it looks like it was a close game!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Where is the photo of you in the penalty box serving that roughing minor?

Congrats on a good season

6:51 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Aw, sorry to hear about the loss. It sure was fun following along with you though!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer.

Congrats on making it to the big game though. I've never gotten to do that in any league.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I think the two things that really hurt the team in the loss was giving up the shorthanded goal in the first period and the third period penalties. They had some good guys on their team and with the depth they had, I'm sure it played a part in the latter stages of the game.

Glad I was able to make it there and take some pictures for you. Time to start thinking about next season.

9:50 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Just to make it clear, I was serving a penalty in the box for the goalie. And amazingly (considering how I can play sometimes) that is the first penalty I had to sit all season.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home