Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome to Wally Wednesday - here he is from a few weeks ago with his girlfriend, Mobay. Mobay is Madeline's great dane. Unfortunately, Wally has a habit of going for much older women and they keep dying on him. Mobay is his third. Poor Wally.


Our big game is tonight. I've been playing "Eye of the Tiger" all day to psych myself up. What we really need to win is a montage.

I found this shot, inexplicably, in some random stock footage of suburban Atlanta, GA. I've been trying to figure out for a week what the sign originally read when some prankster kids changed the letters around to say this:


A Robek's Juice opened up in Pasadena around 6-8 months ago. Every day since they opened, this guy has been out there in a banana suit. This isn't the greatest photo, since I shot it with my iPhone while driving by this afternoon, but he's a little, old hispanic guy. On the one hand, I'm glad someone has been more than happy to employ him - he seems to have a full time gig. On the other hand, after all he may have been through in his life, I feel bad he's relegated to standing on a street corner in 90 degree heat wearing this banana costume.


Finally, can you tell I was hungry when I went to the grocery store this afternoon?


The song of the day is "Mutual Surrender (What a Wonderful World)" by Bourgeois Tagg off their 1986 self-titled album. I really liked the few songs I heard by this duo back in the 80s and was always a bit surprised that they never seemed to get off the ground here. I used my other favorite by them, "I Don't Mind at All" before. If you don't remember "Mutual Surrender," check out this really poor quality video. At least you can hear the song.


5 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I remember seeing that guy in the suit when we drove by him a while back. Glad to hear he's still gainfully employed.

Don't care what the sign used to say, but it's hilarious now.

I bought a big bag of the Circus Animal cookies a few weeks ago and they went quickly.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Gee thanks. I brought some work home to do while I watch the Angels/Yankees game and now I'm going to spend all night trying to puzzle out hugeasscumboners - damn!

Good luck tonight!

6:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Mobay is adorable!

Did you guys win?

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I spelled out cougars cause of the paw, but the rest? I have huesssmbne left over. Maybe they didn't use all the letters? I give up. Although it could simply be my verification word.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mobay is absolutely smitten with Wally. She's always loved labs, and Wally is her little boyfriend. He ignores her, and she loves it when he plays hard-to-get. He's also a bad influence on my little furkid.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home