Monday, August 06, 2007

I've been waiting to post hoping that I would think of something interesting to write, but it just hasn't been that interesting of a day. I wanted to sleep late today because I have to work until one in the morning. Alas, I awoke at 8am. I tried to fall back to sleep, but ended up just laying around in bed until after 9 when my maid showed up. I should have gone for a run while the marine layer was still hanging around but I didn't, and because I still wanted to run I went out and ran at noon. Stupid, stupid idea. It was too hot out to run, even though it wasn't THAT hot. I decided to cut my route short by a 1/4 of a mile and ran a different route which ran me right past an In and Out Burger. Grilled onions smell really good when you're hungry, tired, and running! Now, here I am at work trying to get stuff done before I reach the point where I'm too tired to do anything around 11pm. The best thing about my day was seeing this video which made me laugh more than once.



The song of the day is "And We Danced" by the Hooters off their 1986 album Nervous Night. The band is led by the core duo of Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman. (I bet it was fun to grow up with THAT last name!) Aside from their work with the band, they both often write for other artists. In fact, Hyman co-wrote "Time After Time" with Cyndi Lauper, which won him a Grammy for Song of the Year. Bazilian penned "One Of Us" by Joan Osbourne. I absolutely loved this album. I see they're still around and actually have a record that just came out, but I listened to some of the new stuff on their MySpace page and it sounds a little too country for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I'm a big Hooters fan, Edit, and I've seen them many times including at the Roxy when they brought an extremely wasted Stevie Nicks out on stage to sing background on Tambourine Man. They practically had to prop her up to keep her from falling, but she could still sing through the haze.

Eric and Rob didn't just write for Joan Osborne's album, they produced it, too. They are both really talented musicians, hailing from Philadelphia, PA. Great pick today.

10:04 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - Great to find someone else who appreciates the Hooters! My favorite song by them is still All You Zombies. Thanks for the other info on them.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

How goes the training for the run? Where I live, on any walk or run (or even just waking up in the morning) I'll encounter a number of diners . . . I can't describe how much time I spend thinking of bacon . . .

6:19 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

As you know, Edit, I can appreciate your love for The Hooters. I am also a fan, but they got dissed by XM Radio the other day by saying one of their songs was on the Bottom 40. Still liked the song, though.

OK, I was cracking up at that video. Would love to do that to some of the people at work. Hilarious!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Hey, Tiff! You've been tagged. See my blog for the details. I look forward to seeing your list. :-)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home