Sunday, September 23, 2007

I woke up really early this morning to try to spend some more time with my mom before flying out early ion the day. I had a good trip, but it seems like no matter how long I go for (and this was not a long trip), I never get to see all the people I want to see for as long as I want to see them for. I didn't even get out to my sister's house to see the bathroom her husband just built.

This time, I sat next to a nice guy on the flight. The downer was that he was returning to Burbank where he grew up to have a bit of a memorial service for an old school friend of his who had killed himself drinking alcohol. That put a bit of a damper on the conversation. How do you segue out of that? "Wow...that's horrible. (pause) So...how about those Winterhawks?"

The song of the day is "Hey Jealousy" by the Gin Blossoms off their 1992 album New Miserable Experience. Though the album was released in '92, it was more than a year later before this single was released, resulting in a climb up the charts for the record. That was right around the time I moved to Los Angeles, and every time I hear this song or even this band, I'm reminded of the time when I was truly in awe of this city and the traffic didn't even bother me. Yeah, that was a long time ago.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I remember buying that CD and thinking that this was a band that had a big future in front of them. Um, are they still around?

Welcome back - we need to catch up so you can show me more pictures of your trip.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have this cd too! bummer about your seat mate . . .

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I hate sitting next to debbie downers. That is sad.

12:55 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I have (or maybe had) this CD. Hey Jealousy is a great driving song.

1:56 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I saw them back in the day at Bogart's. Remember Bogart's?

5:22 PM  
Blogger LA said...

^by "them," I mean the Gin Blossoms.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home