Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It seems like death is all around these days. I'd like to take a moment of silence for my sister's dog, Emit. Emit was a really cool shepard mutt who the boys have had since they were really young. Emmit died today at the ripe old age of 13. He will be sorely missed, especially by my nephews. Wally is sort of a pampered pooch with no callouses on his paws, so to speak. Emit, on the other hand, is a rough and tumble guys dog. He was really cool and sweet and I always looked forward to seeing him. Here he is with my nephew, Nathan:


Early today, I watched the episode of Californication from last night, wherein our hero, Hank Moody, awoke in the morning to find his guitar and a box of albums had been stolen by some nameless girl he had picked up at the grocery store and slept with. He had a small rant about how much better vinyl is than digital recordings. So while putting my desk, computer, and peripheral electronics back together, I was pleased to discover I could plug my little turntable directly into the new computer speakers I have. In this way, I was able to go through all those boxes of books while listening to Asia and Night Ranger on actual vinyl. So far, I have three full boxes of books I'm not keeping, including an entire box on the arts of editing and screenwriting. I've apparently spent far more energy buying books on script writing than actually writing scripts.

The song of the day is "Plowed" by Sponge off their 1994 album Rotting Pinata. This song reminds me very much of the time when I first moved to Los Angeles and started listening to KROQ, and every time I hear it, it takes me back to those hot summer days in Tujunga. Eew. I'm glad I escaped there. Despite the memories, this is a great song, and I wonder why I've never heard much more from the band.

5 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Thanks for posting the pic of Nathan and Emit. It's a sad day for us. We will miss him very much.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

R.I.P. Emit

6:25 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Very sad to head about Emit, I am so sorry.

6:33 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Poor Emit. :( My thoughts go out to your sister's family. Losing a pet is the worst.

Sponge was cool. I've got that CD, too. I think I'll load it into iTunes. Thanks for the reminder.

RIP, Emit.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Poor, Emit. Rest in Peace, sweet pooch. :-(

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home