Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hey, everybody! It's Wally Wednesday! My real camera is still in a box somewhere in my office, but here's a photo I took with my iPhone of Wally enjoying the new futon. You can get an idea of what the new paint and carpeting look like.


Someone has flipped a switch and it suddenly feels like fall here in Southern California. Just a few weeks ago, during Labor Day weekend, it was 113 degrees here. Right now, it's overcast and cool, but warm enough to still run around in shorts. In other words, perfect weather. Wally is enjoying being able to play fetch without puking afterward from the heat. I'm enjoying being able to live comfortably without the air conditioning, and the windows wide open. I know it will only be a matter of time before I have to turn on the heat for the first time this year.

I've been running around all day trying to get everything done so I can leave town tomorrow for a few days. One thing I did was go by the Apple Store to use my $100 store card which I got as a consolation gift for not buying my iPhone when they dropped the price $200. The people at Apple are brilliant. Someone said, "Ok...the original iPhone users are pissed about the price drop, what can we do to appease them?" And some genius said, "I know...we'll give them back HALF of the money they lost...only we won't give them cash, we'll give them a gift card, so they can only use that money IN OUR STORES!" And then they made that evil laugh sound. For those of you unfamiliar with the iPhone, Apple, in their infinite wisdom, designed the headphone jack so you can ONLY plug in their headphones that they designed for the unit. If you try to plug in your own iPod headset, no go, because the opening for the jack is too narrow. Belkin designed an adapter that costs $9.99, which I bought so I could only bring my iPhone instead of that and my iPod on the plane. I wish I had invented that adapter.

I glanced at the To Do list on my Tivo today and almost wet my pants when I saw all the shows that are returning in the next week or so. Very soon, I will be in TV heaven.

The song of the day is "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain off his 1997 album Misguided Roses. The lyrics about rain falling on a tin roof always remind me of this cooler time of year. This is one of those songs I loved so much that I bought the CD and was really disappointed in the other music on it. This song stands out, though, as being quite poetic and wonderful to listen to.

7 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Don't you have to turn your phone off when the plane takes off?

Wally dog! I wish he and Reggie could play again.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Love the futon and always love Wally!

6:47 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

The colors in your office look great! See you soon, have a great flight.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the futon! It looks great in there!
Have a great trip.

8:49 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The new room looks fantastic, Edit!

And I'm seriously in love with this weather.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought that was going to be MY futon!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a heads up in case your readers are interested in replacement iPhone Headsets for their iPhone, iPod, or Mac.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home