Monday, October 29, 2007

I went to bed around 1am last night, and somehow slept until 11:30am today. Wally's bladder must have been about to burst! I wonder why he never wakes me up to go out. At any rate, because I woke up so late and have to work tonight, I got pretty much nothing accomplished - ran to the post office, ran to the pet store, took care of some bills, and here I am looking at expensive houses in places I will never live. One of the fun parts about working on the shows I work on is getting to see what other people have done with their houses, and to see what the architecture looks like in other cities. For example, Boise has no character. At all. Every house looks like a tract house. Houses in Phoenix and Las Vegas aren't terribly interesting, but I like the outdoor living that comes with the warmer environments. Today, the show I'm working on takes place in Key West, along with Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach seems sort of boring, your usual white collar country club member's vacation at the beach. Key West looks much more interesting, and the houses are small but very cool. They're all old little cottages with cool hard word floors and island coloring throughout.

The song of the day is "Down In It" by Nine Inch Nails off their (their or his?) 1989 debut album Pretty Hate Machine. When someone loaned me a copy of this CD right after it first came out, I thought I'd never heard anything like it. I didn't completely appreciate it right off, but came to love this album and pretty much every song on it. I've never been as happy with any of Reznor's other releases, but I still enjoy listening to this disc all the way through.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Totally dig Head Like a Hole but prefer the Man in Black's version of Hurt. Cute cottage - I've always heard good things about the Keys. Plus, any place with a large gay population is generally going to have style . . .

10:40 PM  
Blogger LA said...

IMHO, the outdoor living in Vegas is a bit exaggerated. My parents lived there for ten years after my dad retired, and I can attest that it's really either too hot (usually) or too cold most of the year to spend much time outside.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now come on..... my parents live in Boise and love it. I would love to live there as the housing developments are very nice, the zoning is great and the market is super cheap. The houses in downtown Boise along the greenbelt near Boise State are great- lots of character. It is alos super for kids- tons of parks, and lots of sports- girls lacrosse and high school hockey teams- somethings we don't have in the couve- plus the weather. You simply must visit. I am going to have mom read your blog...lol
Jen
PS. How is your guitar hero? We got ours Sunday and Jo has stickered up the guitar!

11:48 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

One of my hobbies is looking at homes I could never afford. Its like window shopping!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home