Thursday, October 25, 2007

Whoo-hoo! I got e-mail notification that my Guitar Hero III bundle shipped today for my Wii. Since this is the game I bought the console for in the first place, I'm eager to get it and lock myself away for a few hours while I reacquaint myself with a guitar - even if it is a fake plastic one with no strings. I only hope they eventually release a version with nothing but 80s music on it. Then I can die a happy woman.

The song of the day is "Closing Time" by Semisonic off their 1998 album Feeling Strangely Fine. I loved the song when it came out and bought the CD, which I only remember as being non-impressive. Maybe I should pull it out and give it another listen. (I've always wanted to go through and count how many CDs I've bought that I only listened to once or twice). The band uses the old adage "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" given by bartenders upon closing. For some reason, I always think of this song when we've played the late game at the rink, because when we get off the ice, nearly all the lights are shut off in the whole facility and they just want us to get dressed and go home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I have tried to play guitar hero, but I am hopelessly lame. I can't even play the lame and easy Heart song.
Lame = Ryan

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?
Can I come over?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Rock on, girlfriend.

KJC

11:51 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I bought a Wii this wk...thanks for the advice! I LOVE IT! I keep playing the tennis game over and over!

What games do you have? Do you recommend any?

4:19 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ryan - I'll let you know in a few days if I'm lame as well.

Kathryn - of course!!

Kat - Glad you broke down. I don't know much about the games. Guitar Hero is the first one I've bought outside of the games it came with. I think I want to get
Red Steel though.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home