Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seen on the marquee outside of Shakey's in Manhattan Beach this weekend: "Look kids, Big Ben...Parliament!"

Friends with the last name of Roberts are pregnant with a boy. The name they have jokingly bandied about? Dread Pirate Roberts.

If you know the references for both of these phrases, you win extra geeky bonus points.

I heard a song on the radio today that I thought was of the newer variety. I thought, "Boy! They sound a lot like Queen!" I Googled the song title and...it was Queen. I guess they still sound fresh today! Therefore, the song of the day is "You're My Best Friend" by Queen off their 1975 album A Night at the Opera. Am I the only one who is reminded of the theme song to Courtship of Eddie's Father every time I hear this song?

4 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

...people let me tell you 'bout my best friend...Love that show!
I got the Dread Pirate Roberts, but not the other one.

6:27 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Shakey's or Sharkey's?

Never thought of Courtship of Eddie's Father when I heard the Queen song, but I can see how you got there. That song has really held up to the test of time.

11:38 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Shakey's on Sepulveda.

11:39 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Vacation with Chevy Chase?

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home