Saturday, October 06, 2007

Could someone remind me again why we consider it "news" whenever Lindsay Lohan enters or exits rehab?

My women's team didn't have a game last night, so we had the late night practice at 11:15. One of our players birthday is tomorrow, so someone else threw a little party before the practice at her house. Let me start by saying that I have quickly discovered what I always felt was true - women are much cruder than men (at least amongst themselves). I'm not sure where to start about our shindig, so I'll start right in. Aside from food and alcohol, there were party games. We started off with "pin the penis on the centerfold" which is exactly what it sounds like. The good old game of pin the tail on the donkey bastardized and degraded. Picture 10 half drunk women (I'm sure it was more painful for me being sober) with cut outs of penises (penii?) from Playgirl, blindfolded, trying to stick them closest to the actual spot on a two page centerfold spread.

On to game two: bobbing for weenies. The original idea had been to bob for hot dogs in a tub designed for bobbing for apples. As it turns out, hot dogs don't float unless boiled, which makes bobbing for them with your mouth a little dangerous. Plan B: use skewers held in your teeth to pull out as many as you can within 60 seconds. I will tell you a couple of things about this. First, it's harder than you'd think, but once I hit my stride, I managed to pull 5 out before the timer was up. Unfortunately, someone else pulled out 5 PLUS two more ON THE SAME SKEWER! Bonus points! The other thing about this is that the water stank. As soon as we were done, the cats were more than happy to head over and start licking up the weenie flavored water. I can't even begin to describe how different this get together was than any other hockey related party I've been to with the guys.

Is it too obvious if I use "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper as the song of the day? The song, the hit that first skyrocketed Lauper to MTV stardom, came off her 1983 debut solor album She's So Unusual. At the time, it was hard to see past the wild hair, clothing and makeup to Lauper's incredible talent. Now, so many years later, I still enjoy hearing the new original music she's released over the past decade.

8 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Who are you and what have you done with my friend?

WOW! I am actually speachless about the party 'pin the penis on the centerfold" OUCH!

Re: Lindsay.. remember where you live. What makes it as an a-block package down there is a :30 VOSOT to the rest of us in other parts of the country.

4:45 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

VP - I know - they MADE me do it!!!

Also, what language are you speaking there at the end, showoff?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I played pin the weenie on the centerfold before! Glad to hear you're getting the opportunity to bond with the gals!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

That's

VOSOT: Voice Over Sound On Tape

It's a story that the news anchor reads over. They are usually no more than 30 seconds long. So.. not worth a reporter but good for a mention within the news show.

With all the LOL, BFF, ROFL.. I thought it would fit right in.

glad you had a good time also.

7:37 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

What, no male stripper posing as a pizza delivery boy?... maybe you should have picked "She Bop" as song of the day!

10:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I think it sounds like fun, too.

LOL on the She Bop suggestion.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also very challenging to get those weenies out when you're LOL and people are commenting on how they can see your ass crack as you're bent over. (That was a comment made rather loudly to me, not to Tiffany.) I don't remember guys ever commenting on seeing MY ass crack.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weenie flavored water. *runs off to barf*

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home