Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Anyone who has ever had a dog knows that they can quickly figure out certain keywords, especially when they pertain to a joyous feeling. This is why I have to spell out certain words if I'm talking to another human present, such as F-E-T-C-H or T-R-E-A-T, or I feel obliged to follow through on the statement for Wally. One of his big words has always been O-U-T-S-I-D-E. It doesn't matter when or how many times you say it, Wally always wants to go out - out to play, out to the car, out for a walk, out to the beach - he doesn't care. For him, Out is heaven. So when I say, "Wally...wanna go outside?" he freaks out and hops up and down, barely able to contain himself. It took a few tries, but I think I managed to capture it on my camera.


The song of the day is "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam off their 1991 debut album Ten. Not only do I really like this song, I really like the video. I always found it to be rather gruesome, even 8 years before Columbine. Watching it on YouTube just now, it seems somewhat tame - did there used to be a bloodier version? To be honest, one of the creepiest things about this video is the odd look on Eddie Vedder's face. Does he always look like that?

5 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Great action shot of the "Big Guy!"

Hope you took him out after that!

6:35 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Wally's in mid flight!

When my sister was in college in San Diego, she lived in a not-so-great neighborhood that she jokingly referred to as "the ghetto." When she took her dog, Bugsy, out for walks, she'd say, "want to go to the ghetto?" To this day, the word "ghetto" has the same effect on Bugsy as "outside" has on Wally.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

What a great shot of Wally.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wally sure does hone in on certain words and it's best to clear a path when he's ready to go O-U-T-S-I-D-E.

1:35 PM  
Blogger ile said...

That's a kick ass Wally Dog pic. About Vedder... you never noticed how he always looks tormented?

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home