Sunday, October 07, 2007

We won our game last night 7-2, and the two goals against us were knocked in by our own guys. Can that be considered a shut out? We played a really weak team, so we flopped a lot of our players - our strongest Defensemen were playing Forward and vice versa. Pretty much everyone had a point on the board except me. Actually, I think I may have had an assist. The biggest downside of getting better and better players for our team is that I am clearly the worst player. I haven't scored a goal in either league in forever. Sigh. I think I'm in a slump.

I have to share with you something that happened to my friend James because it's so hilariously funny. You would probably enjoy it more if you could hear James tell the story himself (he's a great storyteller), but I'll give it a go. He went to a birthday party the other night for a colleague who is a true Southerner. They were serving Southern food. He got a plate with some mashed potatoes on it, and started to eat. He noticed right away that the potatoes were horribly rich and heavy, but sort of chalked it up to being heavy Southern food. After he had eaten most of two dollops of mashed potatoes, his writing partner came up to him and said, "Dude...why are you eating butter?" Yep...whipped butter. Eew. And yet tremendously funny because it didn't happen to me.

The song of the day is "Come To My Window" by Melissa Etheridge off her 1994 album Yes I Am. I usually don't like most women performers, just by taste, but Etheridge is one that I've always enjoyed. While I only have one of her albums (this one), I seem to like pretty much everything I've ever heard of hers. I appreciate her dedication to environmental issues. Last year when she toured Canada and the U.S., she did it using biodiesel.

7 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Mmm... whipped butter. Have fun with that upcoming heart attack, James!

Isn't Jennifer Aniston in the music video for "Come to my Window"?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hanna loves butter - James is in good company.

Etheridge did a helluva duet with Joss Stone at the Grammy's a couple of years ago in a tribute to Janis Joplin. That gal can really belt out a tune

I'm not all that partial to female singers either. I do like Annie Lennox, though.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eating whipped butter! *runs off to barf again*

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe it's not whipped butter...Reminds of the time Fox did a food eating contest and one of the competition was "who can eat the most sticks of butter..."

Wonder if James knows that the other stuff he was eating was not chocolate pudding.

You're in a slump? It was my first goal since the first game of last season.

1:59 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Tam - Do you mean the one you put into our own goal?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me! I put a wrister from the point to top corner! They gave it to James :-(

However, i also tipped a puck into our own net in the top corner too. :-(

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home