Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Surprisingly, the Kings won the game I went to last night. It was surprising because they were playing Minnesota who (I believe) was 5-0, and also because the Kings hadn't won a single game since the one they won in England at the beginning of the season. The game was tied at the end of regulation and no one scored during the 4 on 4 five minute overtime. In the shootout, all three Kings scored off the bat, with Anze Kopitar putting the final puck in the net.

Did you hear that? It's the sound of angels singing that I heard when I entered Hockey Giant in Anaheim earlier today in search of a new stick. There were about 6 aisles of sticks that looked like this so it's like heaven in that you have so many to choose from. I hate buying new sticks. I get really used to my regular stick and when it breaks, it's always hard to find a perfect replacement. I usually take the old stick with me to find one with matching weight and curve of the blade. Unfortunately, though I still had my broken stick, it had broken across the middle of the blade which made it difficult to measure against other sticks. I finally settled on another Bauer for only $100 (I was happy, since I'd expected to spend $150). Boy, I hope I like it. There's no returning a stick once you've cut it, taped it, and used it. I was quite proud of myself for not only coming in below my stick budget, but for getting out of the store before I spent another $100 on things I really don't need.

I forgot earlier, but managed to remember before the day was through. Welcome to Wally Wednesday! Here's my sweet little guy after waking up from a nap earlier in the week.


The song of the day is "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel off his 1977 album The Stranger. Great album and great song. This has long been one of my favored Joel songs, although over the years, I often waffle between certain songs. If you ever have the chance to see Joel perform, he still puts on a fantastic show, and you'll find it difficult to pick when you should run out to the restroom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

The game last night was pretty good. It's always a good night when the Kings win a game, despite how bad they seemed to play at times. Thanks again for the invite to the game.

Very good song from a very good singer. But not a very good driver.

5:20 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Looks like the stick store is the equivalent of my yarn store.

Wally's looking good!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I get really used to my regular stick and when it breaks, it's always hard to find a perfect replacement


The same can be said of new boyfriends and their...uh...sticks.

That song from Billy Joel scared the crap out of me when it was first released. I was 9 years old, a good, well-behaved and obedient child who had just recently learned from my parents what "death" means. You see what I'm getting at?

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great photo of the game-winner - ;)

Thanks again for the tix. It was a blast.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home