Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Since we're traveling to Big Bear and staying in a rented cabin, we weren't up to the task of dragging a whole turkey with us, plus the necessary ingredients for side dishes, etc, and cooking up there. We've ordered a pre-made Thanksgiving dinner from Whole Foods which will only take a couple of hours to reheat and prepare. The price of a turkey dinner for 6 plus all the sides? $100. Not a bad deal since I don't have to cook anything.

Now it's time to find out if one Volvo XC90 can hold three adults and their luggage, an entire Thanksgiving dinner, and one soft fluffy Labrador and his kibble.

Favorite thing heard on TV this week: Olive Snook (Pushing Daisies) rushing across the room toward an intruder, knife in hand, saying, "Don't make me cut a bitch."

The song of the day is "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins off their 1995 disc Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I must admit, I'm not a big fan of Billy Corgan's, at least not recently, but I did love this album and a lot of songs on it. This one is my favorite, and I love to listen to it LOUD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

My turkey is in the oven and I even made a carrot cake before I put in the bird! Have a great time in Big Bear.

10:35 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Olive Snook completely rules. I think she and Emerson are running away with that show.

Happy Thanksgiving, T! Have a wonderful trip to the mountains.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home