Saturday, November 17, 2007

Even if I lived in a cave without a watch or a calendar, I would know it was nearly Christmas because when I opened my mail box this evening, about 50 catalogs spewed forth. Out of a giant pile of mail, there was actually one thing I actually needed. I tried not to be too annoyed that one of the catalogs was from the motorcycle company where my identity thief tried to buy thousands of dollars of merchandise.

I love The Office. I hope you all got a chance to catch it this week to see Michael being deposed in Jan's wrongful termination lawsuit. If you didn't, you can catch a 2 minute recap of the episode here. I see the next scheduled Office is a rerun, so I assume they're out of episodes for the season. I sincerely hope the writers are able to make a deal that will make them happy. But I also hope they do it soon so we can have some new TV again in the near future.

The song of the day is "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against off their 2004 album Song of the Counter Culture. This is one of those songs I absolutely loved, and was dismayed to find this song is unlike any of their other songs. In fact, the first time I heard it on KROQ, Jed the Fish came out of the song saying, "If you really like that song, don't buy the album." "Swing Life Away" is a nice acoustic, melodic song, and apparently, the rest of their stuff is pretty hard core. In fact, they're labeled as an American punk/melodic hardcore band. I'm not sure what the hell that means. Remember when music was either rock, or country, or big band? Anyway, this song is where the melodic label comes from. If you haven't had the pleasure of hearing it, now you can:

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Getting a catalog after the identity theft is adding insult to injury! My PO Box too is full of catalogs and charitable solicitations.

The Office was classic . . .so was 30 Rock this week.

A friend of mine in college slept with Jed the Fish circa 1983 . . .am I the only one who finds his trademark laugh annoying? He was great, though, in the Mayor of Sunset Strip

7:05 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

If you want to eliminate your junk mail, just go to this website - www.greendimes.com - and pay a small one-time fee to stop it for good.

I think there are one or two more Office episodes in the can, but they are waiting until after Thanksgiving to air them.

4:58 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - is your friend who slept with Jed male or female? I'm sure Jed's out these days.

I read that The Office is done until the strike is over. (http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2007/11/office-thats-what-stenographer-said.html - the authori a TV critic for a paper in NJ). I thought The Deposition was one of the best this season. Same w/this past episode of 30 Rock, which is my new favorite Thursday night show.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - female! There was some KROQ contest, and she and her roomies sent in a polaroid of the 3 of them in lingerie . . . Jed came down to Balboa Island to give them the prize personally, and one thing lead to another . . .

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home