Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A friend e-mailed me this link the other day for a web site that collects photos taken where photography is prohibited. It reminded me of this photograph I took when I visited Ayers Rock.

When I first saw the no photography signs, I thought, "Seriously?" I mean, there was no one within eyesight. Who would know whether or not I took a photo? That's one big honor system, I'll tell you. I was traveling with a young guy from Britain who immediately took a photo. I said, "What are you doing?" and gestured to the sign. "It's sacred ground." He said, "Not to me." I sighed. While I have a lot of respect for other cultures and their beliefs, I thought he had a good point. Plus, I knew it was likely I would never see the Rock again. That's where this photo came from.

The song of the day is "Epic" by Faith No More off their 1989 The Real Thing. Man, I don't know why I love this song so much, but I do. I remember seeing the video on MTV and not being able to tear myself away, just because I'd never heard anything quite like it. Plus, the dancing is quite stellar. If you don't remember it, here it is:

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Well, if you start having bad luck, (and hopefully not), perhaps it will be because you pissed off the spirits . . .somethings are better not messed with!

P.s. LOVE that song
p.p.s. I'm watching the Kings/Ducks game and it is delightful b/c there is no play by play or color - just a rink side camera view. Hearing the sounds of the game is so refreshing

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home