Thursday, November 01, 2007

I must admit, I had a pretty productive day, even though I slept in AND took a couple of Guitar Hero breaks throughout the day. I finally sold my dining room table through Craigslist. The guy came to pick it up around noon today which meant I had to finally put together the new table I bought at Cost Plus two months ago that has been sitting in my garage. I got a great deal on it - only $299 for the table and all four chairs. I guess the tradeoff is that I had to put it together - something I didn't realize until the guy loaded to large box into my car. I will say it was MUCH easier to put together than anything I've ever purchased from Ikea and used standard screws and nuts and not some weird European metal thing I've never seen before. Although my old table was still in excellent condition, it was the table I had when I was married and I'm tired of having it around. Also, I wanted to move toward a little different style of furniture. You can see photos of the old and new table. While the new table looks black, it's really just very dark brown. I like it a lot, and I think the rectangle shape fits the room better. The irony is that even though I spent a lot of time redoing my office, since I can't edit from home right now, I find myself doing most of my computer work at the kitchen table on my laptop.

For LA, here's a photo of Madeline's Mobay (named for Montego Bay). We got together again today and took the dogs to Old Town where we visited Three Dog Bakery and they both got to eat frosting off the spoon. One thing about being with Mobay - she's so large, poor Wally gets almost no attention at all. Here she is with Madeline as we eat at Johnny Rockets.


For those of you who have asked, the pending writer's strike will not affect me at all. Except for the relentless reality TV I'll be subjected to once the scripted shows run out of stuff to shoot. I guess this is where NOT getting back on to my union show will benefit me this year. I'm not sure it's an equal trade.

Also, Fish, if you're reading this, I lost your regular e-mail. Drop me a line.

The song of the day is "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage off their 1995 debut self-titled album. Again, not a big fan of female singers, except for the ones who can really rock, and Shirley Manson is definitely one of those women. I haven't followed Garbage much lately, but really enjoyed their first couple of discs.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

thumbs up for the new furniture! and mobay is a very handsome fellow.

Great song choice today too - Shirley Manson rocks and that is a great song

7:34 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ooh! Mobay is a GIRL! Didn't you notice her pink scarf and collar? Madeline will not be happy to hear you thought her beautiful princess was a boy!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Oh no! I couldn't tell it was a pink scarf and not a bandanna! My apologies to both the lovely Mobay and the lovely Madeline!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez! I do everything I can to make Mobay look feminine. The reason Mobay gets noticed is that she's taller and so it's easier to stick her head in people's faces. when she wants attention. Wally is so mild mannered that he has no insecurity issues.

6:30 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Awww, Mobay is beautiful! I love Great Danes. Thanks for the picture, Edit. Madeline, how old is she?

Edit - I saw your name on the credits of your show last night. I only saw part of the episode, the segment where the guy lived in Chelsea and had a very modern and very white place w/the bedroom behind sliders.

The new table looks really nice.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mobay is about 10 years old, but is VERY immature. Thanks for the compliment. I will let her highness know. Editthis, your table looks absolutely lovely, and warms up the kitchen. By the way, happy 1st blog birthday!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Table looks cool. Who are you kidding... I've seen your laptop on your kitchen table every time I'm over. I never thought it moves from that spot.

Great song! Don't normally like redheads, but she sure does it for me. And she can sing.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the furniture!!! So much better and modern! YAY

6:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

OH Edit, this post made my friday evening! I LOVE MY SHIRLEY MANSON AND GARBAGE. But you probably know that. I am really only happy when it rains as well. Nice new table and chairs.

Edit, check out the last two Studio albums from Garbage. I think that you will enjoy them. Nothing beats Version 2.0, because that is the best album ever!!! My favorite album of all time.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home