Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm sure it won't surprise you to hear I was almost late for work today because I got caught up playing Guitar Hero. It's pretty addictive, like any video game, and you always find yourself saying, "Just one more!" I'm fairly comfortable with the Easy level so far, and feel a little weird to have discovered the easiest song for me because it was so familiar to me wasn't Pat Benetar, Cream, or Heart. It was Poison. And I don't even LIKE hair bands! Sigh. I guess this is where the truth comes unburied.

Today is my Friday. It's probably safe to say I'll be doing nothing but sitting in my house this "weekend" playing Guitar Hero, but I'm going to try to actually get out. I do have some errands to run and would like to get a mountain bike ride in there somewhere. Although I do have a date with my neighbor tomorrow to play. And...well...tomorrow night with another friend. But, I swear, I'm going to get out of the house! (Cut to me next week, dirty clothes, no food in the house, eyes blurry and red, playing Guitar Hero STILL).

The song of the day is "Shimmer" by Fuel off their 1998 debut album Sunburn. I really liked this song from the first time I heard it and have continued to like much of the band's other music. I believe this is the first song that brought them any commercial success.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

OMG - you're making Guitar Hero play dates? Put down the remote and leave the house . . . Wally needs to get out and get some exercise!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you sticker up your guitar? It is addictive, now you need dance revolution..... We saw Hannah Montana last night and tonight it trick or treating!! Are you handing out full sized bars?

11:38 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Poison? I'm really worried, Edit. I'd better not hear you're trying out for Rock of Love II!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home