Thursday, January 17, 2008

For those of you who weren't already aware, Tom Cruise is a total nutjob. See proof here.

The Director's Guild of America made a contract deal with the major film and television studios today. Though the agreement is still tentative, it will put added pressure on the currently striking Writers to make a similar agreement. I haven't had time to read up much on this, but it sounds like the strike could soon be coming to an end. Hopefully, everyone will be up and running in another month so that pilot season doesn't die. Perhaps on the upside, we might have a lot of summer programming which would be a nice change.

This was my only day off for the week, and I spent it waking up late, playing some pick up hockey, then doing laundry and trying to get work done on a side project. Now, I plan to relax in front of the tv with my dog and watch the Everest documentary by film maker David Brashears. The film, originally filmed in IMAX format, was shot during the Everest tragedy outlined in Jon Krakauer's book Into Thin Air. I'm looking forward to seeing what the conditions were like during that horrible storm.

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Good news about the Director's Guild. Maybe their agreement will somehow serve as a blueprint for the writers.

Are you going to watch Breaking Bad? (AMC, Sunday, 10)

Cruise scares the crap out of me. When he says things like, "I would not hesitate to put my ethics in others," the hair on the back of my neck stands up. That guy is pure evil.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - or when he claims that only Scientologists can help people in an auto wreck - he is freakin' whacked!!!!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 Cents is the DGA deal a bad deal. With the leverage that the WGA strike gave the DGA, they could have gotten a much better deal if they had a spine.

That said, it's miles better than the "We air your product, collect ad revenue, and we pay you nothing" deal that the AMPTP was offering us. So that's certainly progress. The real question is what the fine print says.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I used to love Tom Cruise...now not so much. I wonder what Katie Holmes is thinking!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home