Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Many of you have noticed the lack of new episodes on television due to the writer's strike. In an effort to bring fresh programming to hungry viewers, CBS has decided to air all 12 episodes from the first season of Dexter, beginning on February 17 and airing for 12 consecutive Sundays. It's the first time a network will re-air an entire series that originated on a pay network. For those of you who have yet to see the show, possibly because you don't have Showtime, this will be a great opportunity for you to see an awesome show. CBS is also contemplating airing Weeds as well. I wonder exactly how much censoring and recutting will have to be done to make these shows airable on network television? Part of what makes them so likable is the edginess that comes from not having to neuter the shows for Standards and Practices. I may have to tune in just to see how they handle it.

Since I'm still on the odd work schedule, I've worked yesterday and today, but have Wednesday and Thursday off. Although I felt fine the entire two weeks I wasn't working over the holidays, I now seem to be coming down with a nice head cold. I'd thought of snowboarding on Thursday but I think I shall have to wait and see. On the upside, the dish guy is supposed to come upgrade my satellite to HD tomorrow so at least if I'm stuck at home on the couch watching TV, it will be crystal clear hi-def television.

3 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I heard about Dexter getting picked up by CBS but I hadn't heard about Weeds. Yeah, I was wondering if the editing for network would effectively gut these shows. I guess time will tell.

Hope you feel good enough to go boarding, Edit.

8:50 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I just watched the first season of Dexter on DVD. It was a fantastic show!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I think the main thing they will have to edit on Dexter is actually Deb's potty mouth

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home