Monday, January 14, 2008

I haven't bought new sunglasses since I broke mine last month. This is probably the longest time in my life I've been without sunglasses. I tried to adapt - I see people driving every day with no sunglasses on, but I just can't do it. After a full month of squinting and being generally pissed off every time the sun is shining in from an area I can't block out by my visor, I finally broke down and went to the Sunglass Hut today. I didn't want to spent that much money, but I've discovered that good sunglasses are much like good cars. You don't realize what you're missing until you have one, and once you do, there's no going back. I happily purchased another pair of Ray Bans which will hopefully last for more than a year. (By the way, mine technically lasted a year and 3 months - if I had driven over them before the 12 month end point, Sunglass Hut would have given me a new pair for half off since I bought the last pair there).

When I bought my new HD DVR from Best Buy, they told me I'd want to buy an HDMI cable for it. Basically, this is the single plug (for both audio and sound) to get the most pristine HD signal from your box to your TV. The 4' cable cost $79.99. I begrudgingly bought it because the guy told me there wasn't one included in the DVR box. Well, when the Directv guys came to hook it up, there WAS one included. Additionally, a friend recently let me know that you can actually buy generic HDMI cables that are exactly the same for only $6.99 on the internet, which I confirmed. Just a heads up for anyone ready to make the HD switch. Biggest. Scam. Ever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

This whole transition to HD is full of landmines for the unwary . . .

BTW, if you had bothered to poll your readers, I'd think you'd find that we all vote for you to wear big round white Jackie O style sunnies

2:46 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll be purchasing a new HD tv within the next couple of months.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

So, you're on to their evil plan, are ya? Good! :-0

8:13 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That's where they make all the cash. It was probably manufactured for 50 cents.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home