Saturday, January 19, 2008


In case anyone was wondering, Koo Koo Roo's Sugar Free Brownie tastes like absolute ass. I know you're all saying to yourselves, "Of course, it's sugar free, you asshat." And you are all totally right. But it looked really good in the store. I don't think I've ever before encountered a chocolate product that I had to throw away before I was finished with it. I know it's sugar free and all, but they could have at least tried to make it taste like...well..something other than ass.

8 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I would have been tempted too...it looks really good!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I do alot of cooking from Cooking Light magazine, and basically, you can make decent baked goods lower fat, and even with less sugar, but not sugar free. But they did make it look pretty!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

But it looks so delicious! I've always been wary of sugar-free goods, but sugar free chocolates and fruit drops/suckers are pretty good.

Oh, and FYI...meat-free tofu burgers taste like ass -- no, no. I take that back. They taste like sawdust that's been stuffed inside a rat's ass.

9:34 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I'd like to point out that's not THE brownie - I couldn't find a photo - but it looked just as good!

And KJC, I agree on the veggie patties. A vegetarian friend just said to me today, "I bet you'd like them if you put enough stuff on them." To which I replied, "Why would I bother when I could just have a hamburger?"

9:59 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I just bought a pack of Boca burgers yesterday! I like them - the vegie sausage patties too

6:52 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

It would make a great movie prop.

9:12 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Also bad... low-carb bread (Trader Joe's). It takes like cardboard, and I'm being generous.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're doing sugar free brownies at the moment, should I forgo making and sending you some cookies with your birthday gift??
Dina

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home