Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I got home from work around 1:45am this morning and my Sciatic was killing me. (By the way, can you even SAY "Sciatic" without sounding like you're 70-years-old?) It had been bothering me all night, getting worse and worse, and nothing was helping it. I took a pain killer as soon as I got home which knocked me out and I slept until past noon. So much for fully enjoying a day off! I ran errands, did my laundry, and worked on my side project most of the day. Then, friends and I went to dinner to belatedly celebrate my birthday. It was lots of fun and the cake was great! Now, it's time to sit back and relax and watch a movie or something.

I got an e-mail from an old colleague today named Karen who I worked with at DEK. Jimmey, a mutual co-worker of ours, has a wonderful yellow lab named Cody who used to play with Wally whenever I took him up into the writer's area. Karen told me that Cody has gotten cancer and Jimmey has to put him down in a few days and gave me his e-mail address to send a note. It's hard to see Cody go and not think about the day when Wally will also be going away, though hopefully, that's a long way in the future. I told Jimmey he could at least be content in knowing he gave Cody a long, spoiled life filled with lots of love. I read a quote once and I can't remember who said it, but the basic gist was that someone has done us a favor by making the life of a dog so short, because considering how much we love them in that limited amount of time, think about how much more their passing would hurt if they were to live 2 or 3 times that long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I've read that quote too . . .

Sorry to hear about Cody. At least we know that all dogs go to heaven.

7:14 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sad about Cody. My sister's dog is 15, and I know his age weighs heavily on her.

I'm glad Jimmey got to take Cody to work w/him and spend more of his life with him. I've got to say, that's one of the serious benefits about your industry, it seems to be extremely dog-friendly. I hear there are about 20 dogs at the Scrubs set on any given day.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That is so sad. I really would be lost with out my kitties.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home