Thursday, January 31, 2008

Son of a bitch! My new fake Tivo didn't record the season premier of Lost tonight! Can anyone tell me if it was worth watching, or if it was some lame hour long recap of last season? It's the only original programming my Directv DVR has ever seen, so perhaps it was confused? Aargh! Son. Of. A. Bitch!

My only day off this week was today. I didn't even get to sleep in. I had to get up and drive across town to get my hair cut (finally) which hadn't been done since August. My hairdresser jokingly asked if she should just cut off everything but the roots, since my dark roots had gotten VERY long. I kept commenting on it, and most of my female friends would say, "I can't even tell!" Of course, almost all of my female friends are shorter than me. I'd been trying to grow my hair out and hadn't really had much length taken off of it since last May. Every few years I decide I'm going to try to grow my hair out again, and after nearly a year of the awkward in between stage, it gets to a reasonable length and I remember...I don't like to style my hair. So long hair looks like crap on me. I had it all cut off again. Not like crew cut, but you know...shorter. Sigh. I guess long hair just isn't for me.

My friend, John (aka KingsFan) came over tonight. We hadn't gotten to hang out in a long time. We went and saw There Will Be Blood. I hadn't seen a film since Harry Potter last came out, so I was happy to see just about anything. The movie was good - Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano were fantastic - but I didn't think it was GREAT. I think I was just let down by the abrupt ending and the way it answer some questions I still had at the end of the film. For anyone who has seen the film - when did D.D. Lewis turn into Sean Connery? Did you hear his accent? I thought one was Irish and the other Scot?

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

So, did There Will Be Blood feature Paul Thomas Anderson's signature 3-minute long shots w/o a single cut?

I love Daniel Day Lewis and PTA, but this one's probably too violent for me.

11:14 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

As a matter of fact, I did happen to notice at least one very long shot with no edits.

Despite the name, this movie isn't that violent. There's SOME violence, but it isn't bloody violent.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Today I bought the Upton Sinclair novel Oil upon which the movie is based.

DDL was born and raised in England, though I believe he has dual citizenship with Ireland, but any accent would be a put on. Connery is Scots, all Scots, and even sports a SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party) tattoo

I've heard DDL's character seems a bit like a take off on John Huston? I'd like to see this - for DDL and Paul Dano too - I thought Dano was prefect in Little Miss Sunshine

11:24 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I do believe the reference to "blood" means oil and I think it was mentioned in the movie once. Must have been after the first gallon of Diet Coke went through you.

Also thought it ended abruptly, which is weird, considering the move was over 2 1/2 hours long.

Really hope us playing the Wii didn't mess up your recording. Had a lot of fun with that, although I'm not quite sure your artist rendition of me is spot on.

It was also my first chance to meet Stryder in person. I have to say, he's adorable and he and Wally get along so well.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost is on abc.com so you can watch it and you don't even have to tivo it. It was ....how do I put this... an episode of Lost which I always watch but which always pisses me off cause I have more questions than answers..... but that is the show right?

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home