Saturday, March 08, 2008

Now that the writer's strike has ended and there's new programming on the air, my DVR is happy as ever. One of the new shows I've really been enjoying is Eli Stone. It's sort of like Ally McBeal minus the chicks and all the chick stuff (ie. When is the guy going to call Ally?). It takes place at a large law firm and centers around Eli Stone, a young attorney with a brain aneurysm that results in visions (often unclear) about what Eli needs to do to make matters right about something. This often results in big musical numbers. With law and musicals mixed, you would think they shared the same creator, but they don't. If you enjoyed the humor in the court cases of Ally, but could have done without all the romantic boy-girl stuff, you should check out Eli Stone.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I watched the first episode, but it didn't really grab me. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm w/la, though I'm a huge fan o Jonny Lee Miller

And I despised Ally McBeal

7:26 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ah...see, I liked Ally McBeal, I just hated Ally. I liked all the quirky law stuff.

I just looked up Miller on IMDB. I don't remember him from anything. I didn't know he's English!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

The first thing I remember seeing him in is Trainspotting

He played Sick Boy

5:59 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I love Eli Stone! I also love Johnny Lee Miller. I believe that he got away from Angelina just in time.

I love when Victor Garber sings.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home