Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Wally Wednesday, everyone! I went to a restaurant here in Pasadena to pick up some food last week, and left my car parked at the curb for 5 minutes while I ran in and waited for my order. In that 5 minutes, no fewer than 4 people saw Wally waiting in the car and commented on how cute he is!


Today, my mom, my sister, and I braved the Universal City Studio theme park AND Citywalk. The park actually wasn't horribly bad because it was a Monday and we got there reasonably early. The first thing I always hit is the Jurassic Park ride. I conned my sister into riding it (she doesn't like rides or roller coasters or really, anything that moves. It does go along really peacefully until that last big drop where you get doused with water. You should see the photo that was snapped by the Universal cameras while it was happening. I bought one because it was so funny, so I'll have to post it later.

I also hit the Mummy ride, which I hadn't been on. By and far, the best ride at Universal, where most of the rides are pretty lame. It's actually a small roller coaster that goes forward and back in the dark. I had to ride that one by myself because no one else would go on it. We did the 40 minute back lot tour. I usually never do this because, for me, a ride through the back lot is sort of like the old walk in to work, but I wanted to see the fire damage from a few weeks ago. As it turns out, the Back to the Future courthouse did NOT burn, and neither did the clock tower, which had already been removed and put somewhere else on the lot while the building was used for something else. Finally, we did the Animal Actors presentation where they show how they train animals for television and film. This is always my favorite attraction at that theme park. If only Wally were so smart!

Here are some photos from the day:

5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That looks like a lot more fun than what I was doing today...spreadsheets!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

more fun than my day too!

10:02 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Ha! I can't wait to see the Jurrasic ride picture!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

The Mummy ride is an awesome ride and I was lucky to get on it over and over again because the park was near closing and empty.

11:04 AM  
Blogger LA said...

That's the cutest picture of Wally ever!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home