Saturday, June 14, 2008

My women's team had a horrible game last night. We gave up an early 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 in the last minute of the game. The best part was when one of my players crumpled to the ice, crying and grabbing her ankle (the crying thing usually only happens in the women's league). I didn't see what happened, but she twisted her ankle somehow (hard to do with ice hockey skates on, actually) and we thought she had a bad sprain. As it turns out, she fractured her ankle and will be out for 6-8 weeks. Ouch!

After I picked my mom and my sister up at the airport, we dropped their stuff at my house and then headed to Greenstreet for lunch, where I saw this woman. As you can see, she is eating and at a table, but also has her fluffy, spoiled pocket dog resting across the back of her neck as she eats. Love dogs - dogs resting above the level of the table at a restaurant? Unacceptable.


Then we headed over to the Paseo Colorado to do some shopping. When we got there, we discovered it's the weekend of the annual Chalk Festival.


We walked around and saw the beginnings of some of the chalk work.


Then we headed into Old Town Pasadena where the Jesus people were out in full force.


Now, I'm exhausted. As per usual, my mom went to sleep (on the living room couch) at approximately 7pm. Therefore, the television room has been hijacked.

3 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Are they picketing "Choices Frozen Yogurt?" I guess they are anti-choice on all issues.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

My cat used to climb up to my shoulders but that was because he was spoiled and that was his way of saying he wanted attention. But dogs on your back while eating - disgusting.

Sounds like you had a busy first day with the family. But you experienced a lot. Cool chalk drawings.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

maybe the dog on the shoulders was prescribed for her osteoperosis?

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home