Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I was sitting here working away today, trying painfully to edit some lifestyle b-roll of my (white trash) homeowners in their kitchen, when I suddenly realized I had a weird craving for wiener wraps. I couldn't figure it out. I can't remember the last time I even had a hot dog in my house. Then I realized...the footage of the family in the kitchen (in their trailer in SC) was of them making lunch. It started with brownies out of a tube (to cook while they ate lunch) followed by wiener wraps made with Pillsbury dough and Velveeta. With chili. I'm thinking, "Ugh...how horrible." At lunchtime, I had to run to the grocery store on my way to grab some food. While I was in the store, I found myself in front of the hot dogs. And the Pillsbury dough. Right then, I knew what I would be eating for lunch.

Also, it should come as no surprise to find out that the Los Angeles Kings fired Coach Marc Crawford today. In his two seasons as head coach, Crawford posted a 59-84-21 with the Kings. We were out of the playoffs in January this year. I wonder who his replacement will be.

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That sounds really good! I haven't had them in way too long!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! I had wiener wraps not that long ago! We had the mini ones at some holiday thing and I realized my daughter had never had a real one- so I of course had to make them. Now if I could only get the recipe for cheese zombies. Do you think if I spread dough, top with cheese and another layer of dough that I could make them in a brownie pan? I have so wanted to try it.

Jen

6:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I am a huge hot dog fan - with mustard, ketchup, onions and relish, or chili dogs, or kraut dogs. Sometimes I make sauerkraut and hot dogs with lots of mustard.

Back circa 1989 we used to get back to back chili dogs at kings games. A double bun, two dogs, smothered in chili and onions. Go figure why I gained 10 lbs the first year i had season tix.

Never had wiener wraps though

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Never even heard of these weiners wraps. Maybe if the Kings eat those, they might win a few more games. Don't look for Barry Melrose to be the new coach - he's being courted to coach the Tampa Bay Lightning. Looks like Ron Wilson (ex-Ducks coach) was just hired by Toronto. There are a few good ones out there, too.

7:37 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I love how your job subliminally made you hungry for something specific. When we were kids, mom used to wrap hot dogs in Pillsbury croissants and put them on a cookie sheet and bake them. We probably had mac and cheese as a side dish. Good times.

Ohhh, Kosher hot dogs are great, too!

9:28 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

jen,
I know the lunch lady who developed the original cheese zombie. She said to use rhodes frozen bread dough (thawed of course). Put a layer of cheese between two layers of dough. I'm sure they used government cheese, though. Maybe brush the top w/ egg white or oil.
Cheese zombies rule!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Man, if I was still pregnant I'd be calling you up to run out and get me some wiener wraps and brownies tonight!!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home