Monday, August 04, 2008

Finally - I was able to exercise this evening without hurting myself! Actually, I went for a very short run yesterday to see how my leg was doing. Although it was stiff afterward, it didn't hurt while I was running. I also tried some short sprints to see if that was ok, and it was. My new B League soccer team had our first game tonight and I was able to play. It helped that we actually had three subs this time so I didn't have to play the whole game. It was actually a lot of fun. We have a killer goalie and only lost by one goal. Much better than the last game! I even had a shot on goal (kicked it right into their defense) and headed the ball without killing myself.

Yesterday, I drove around Mt. Washington checking out some homes I'd seen for sale on the MLS. I think I'm happy with that neighborhood. Though I wasn't able to see the inside of any of those homes, I did check out some other open houses which were nice, but about $100k out of my price range. I'm going to sit down with my realtor next week and determine if I think I'm ready to try to sell my condo and move on or not.

The last episode of SS should be locking this week, which means I get to go home next week. On the down side, the show did get picked up for 8 more episodes, and I'm told I'll have to go back in November to work on it again. They said I could always say no, but really...they're just saying that to be polite. I hope everyone is having a good week. Even though mine isn't terribly great, there is at least a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just hoping it's not a train.

3 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

I'm glad your able to run and that you actually had an enjoyable soccer game.
Just think...soon you will be home again with Wally and your bunny slippers.

9:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I don't need to tell you it's a great time to buy, bad time to see. Good luck!

If I knew my job was safe (and it's not right now), I'd start up the house hunt. Things have really come down in Long Beach.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Good to hear that you were able to run again!

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home