Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome to Wally Wednesday! Since my neighbor has been watching Wally while I've been working, and it's been hot out recently, he and Stryder the bulldog have been spending a lot of time in the pool:


Today's bonus animal, my friend's cat, Cosmo, who thoroughly enjoys crawling into boxes and sleeping there:


So, I've been thinking about buying a house recently. At first, I was just thinking I might look into getting one in a year. Then I looked online and saw what was available to me right now, and there are a lot of promising things out there. Still, the idea of having to make my place sell at the right time and for the right amount while at the same time finding another house and securing a loan and getting the planets all in line seems a little overwhelming. Worst of all is the bump in property taxes. Right now I pay about $3k a year, and that would go up to over $6k a year. Maybe I'll wait awhile longer...

3 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Lately, I've been getting puppy fever. Your pictures of Wally are just feeding my addiction.

Good luck in the real estate venture, if you decide its the right time!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

My cats are in love with boxes! They fight over who gets to sit in them.

As for a house, I still think that the prices are going to drop some...but I'm not extremely familiar with the market out there.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

yeah, but the 6k will be deductible! the market is very buyer friendly now.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home