Saturday, July 26, 2008

So, I tried to play hockey last night and reinjured my leg again. I thought I would be ok to skate since it's never hurt to do that, just to run. Guess I was wrong. Sadly, I think I'll need to take a week or two and just give it a rest all the way around. As for soccer, the A League team they put me on has folded for the season due to lack of participation. It's sort of a blessing in disguise because I didn't want to play in that level league anyway and now my leg is hurt. On the upside, the league has decided to make another B League team and they asked if I want to play.

I'm having a small party at my house later this afternoon for my friend, Jeff, who just got his green card. Jeff is the Center on our hockey team and he's really good, so we were worried for awhile that we might lose him back to Canada. He was here working on a visa and switched companies a few months back. The company was supposed to handle switching his work visa over. In the meantime, his sister got sick and he had to fly home to Canada. After a week, he headed to the airport but was caught in Immigration where he was told his work visa was no longer valid. He called his attorney who said the Immigration officer was an idiot, and the Immigration officer in turn said his attorney was an idiot. He ended up stuck there for another week not knowing if it would be 2 days or 2 months before his visa got straightened out. Needless to say, his getting a green card is definitely a cause for celebration. Any excuse for cake is good for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Any excuse for cake is good for me

Words to live by

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I second Diane's statement.

I serve/eat cake even for the smallest events!

10:15 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Are you getting those yummy red velvet cupcakes again?

Don't forget to watch Mad Men tonight!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home