Thursday, July 31, 2008

The new bay they have me in upstairs at work is very close to the kitchen/break room. Because of this, the smell of whatever is being cooked in there tends to waft into my edit bay. We only have access to microwave ovens and a toaster oven, so that sort of limits the choices of what's being cooked in there. Thus, it's often the smell of microwave pizza or warmed up Chinese food. As if those weren't enough of an assault on the senses, every day between 9-9:30am, I get the smell of tuna fish blowing through my office. I don't know who the hell it is eating tuna fish for breakfast, but as I'm sure you know, tuna is something that is pretty much only tolerable to smell when you're the one eating it. I've walked into the kitchen to see who it is only to find it empty. Apparently, it takes a few minutes for the smell to make it's way from the kitchen to my office, so who the tuna maker is will probably remain a mystery forever. All I have to say is tuna for breakfast...blech!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

eww and it is microwaved?That sounds awful. Maybe you want to hang a sign..... email to follow.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

the guy in the office next to mine eats tuna every single day, albeit at lunch time

10:25 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You should do a google search on "mercury poisoning" and tape the article up in the kitchen.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I LOVE tuna fish, but you are right, if you are not eating it, the smell is AWFUL!

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, I love the smell of tuna in the morning... yuk! Hey, Roadz here. How are you doing after the quake?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Not sure if tuna fish is what you want to smell at that hour each morning. I get to endure the wretched smell of steamed broccoli every day wafting into my office at about 3:30 from an old lady who thinks that's the only food available to her. Trust me, the smell does not go away after a few minutes.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home