Saturday, August 02, 2008

Wally and I had a pretty kick back day today. I ran some errands, caught up with the DVR, then re-watched Lost In Translation on DVD. It was only the second time I've seen it, but I liked it just as much as the first time I watched it. For some reason, that film warms my heart. I tried to figure out why that is, since I can't put myself in the position of either Bill Murray's or Scarlett Johansson's characters...but I certainly relate to aspects of both of them. It certainly made me want to visit Tokyo again. I wonder if I'll ever have the opportunity for that again. One other thing I noticed in watching this movie - during an arcade scene, Japanese versions of both Guitar Hero and Rock Band type video games...all from 5 years ago.

Oh...and as for my friend I was supposed to meet with to see the X-Files tonight, here is the text message I got from her verbatim: "So Sorry. Have to cancel. Have contagious skin infection on face."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

wow with that text message are you sure your friend wasn't IN the x-files movie????

10:15 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

has she just returned from the jungle?

I dig Duchovny. I just watched season one of Californication.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home