Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wally and I almost had an addition to our family today. I was looking at the Pasadena Humane Society's page and came across this dog, listed as a labrador mix. A little over a year old. I went down and looked at him and, by himself, he was super sweet. In fact, he reminded me a lot of Wally. He's bigger than he looks in the photograph - probably 65 pounds, but taller and leaner than Wally. His face is definitely lab, but I'm guessing mixed with some sort of shepherd or maybe border collie. I went to fill out the adoption paperwork and met with the counselor who informed me that the dog is, in fact, very sweet...but very hyper and aggressive with other dogs. I asked if he was angry aggressive, or playful aggressive, since he IS just a big puppy at a year old. She said very playful, but also very vocal. I didn't think it would work out, but I brought Wally down and introduced them. The other dog immediately began jumping at him and barking constantly. Wally had no interest in sniffing. In fact, he was looking at me like, "What in the hell are you thinking?!" Sadly, I knew it wasn't meant to be. Maybe if I had a big house with a big yard for them to run around in and time to train the dog, but I don't have either. Apparently a couple of people have been interested in the same dog, but all had dogs already and encountered the same problem. He's been there for over a month. I hope he finds the person he needs - probably a young guy who can handle and train him, and who doesn't already have an animal. It was sad to say good bye to him.

On our way out, they were bringing in a yellow lab female. We're first on the list if no one claims her. But if you know anyone with a big yard and no other dogs who wants a sweet big puppy, let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Fish said...

OMG!! Cutest thing ever. It's so hard to go look at puppies because you want them all!

6:00 PM  
Blogger LA said...

What a cute smile on that pooch. He looks about 20 pounds in that picture. Hope he finds a home soon.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home