Saturday, August 23, 2008

Since some of the work I do now includes needing to know how to use Photoshop, and I totally suck at Photoshop, I decided I should take a refresher course. The classes are stupidly expensive. Luckily, the Editor's Guild has a program where they will reimburse you 2/3rds the cost of the class. Moviola, where I'm taking the class, reimburses the other 1/3. So while it's the full amount out of my pocket initially, I'll get reimbursed the full amount.

The class has been fun and quite educational. I'm already looking forward to spare time when I can play with some photographs of my own - I'm sure there will be doctored pictures of the dogs showing up soon. For any of you who have ever taken a work related class, you know there's always that one person who just doesn't get it, and constantly asks questions while you're itching to move on to the next project. That person sits next to me. Yay, me! Guess who has been answering a lot of questions...

I think I've decided on Gracie for my little girl pup. That is, unless I get her, and she doesn't seem to like it. A friend called yesterday and wondered if I was going to have to pick a name that started with S, M, T or F so I could dedicate another day of my blog to the newest member of the family. I thought I could perhaps do Thank Grace it's Friday's? Well, I'm off - need to go find a girly collar and food bowl. I already miss her and I don't even have her yet. I can't wait to pick her up next week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Photos of Gracie will be appropriate ANY day of the week!

8:25 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I really like the name Gracie. She's a lucky girl to be getting such a loving home, and I can't wait to see all the new photos of her and Wally.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Beautiful name! Welcome to the world of having a girl! I wonder if she'll love pink as much as sofie does! :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Love that name!

I really want to learn how to use photoshop...I just can't figure it out!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home