Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Welcome to Wally Wednesday - late, but still the same day. Here he is on my first day back at home when he realized I wasn't going to leave for work.


After having two completely inactive weeks due to an injured leg, I've hit the ground running. Literally. I grew so tired of not being able to do anything that all I wanted to do is run, and since my leg has healed (for the most part), I've been running 5k every day that I'm not doing something else (playing hockey or soccer). I'm also trying to eat healthier to lose the 7 lbs I gained in 8 weeks of working in the office, where I found myself eating out every day as an escape from the craziness of the office.

As I'm trying to lower my caloric intake, especially from carbs, a friend e-mailed me this article about Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps'...wait for it...12,000 calorie a day diet. Here is a sample of his daily diet, where he doesn't choose from among these foods...he eats ALL of them:

Breakfast:
Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Who wouldn't want Phelps' body - man or woman? Apparently, his body burns energy at an incredibly high rate due to his rigorous workout regimen. Still, that amount of food sort of makes me want to puke.

2 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

I try to eat 1200 calories...
12,000 might just feed the whole family! Wow...with a metabolism like that you could do iHop every night!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm... Was looking for the salads and fruit that the rest of us are supposed to eat... I hate him, AND his cut body!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home